ELISpotPLUS for enumeration of cells secreting IFN-γ
This kit is ideal for users who want a convenient and sensitive assay. The assay is designed for the enumeration of cells secreting human IFN-γ. The kit includes ELISpot 8-well strip plates pre-coated with monoclonal antibody, biotinylated detection antibody, Streptavidin-HRP and ready-to-use TMB substrate. A polyclonal activator for human T cells (mAb CD3-2) is supplied as a positive control for cytokine secretion.
Pre-coated plates reduce assay time and minimize variability. In addition, strip-plates are ideal when running a limited number of wells.
Human IFN-γ ELISpotPLUS kits are also available with Streptavidin-ALP and BCIP/NBT-plus substrate. See Related products.
- Arevalo-Herrera M., et al. Preclinical vaccine study of Plasmodium vivax circumsporozoite protein derived-synthetic polypeptides formulated in montanide ISA 720 and montanide ISA 51 adjuvants Am J Trop Med Hyg 84 21, 2011
- Boaz M. J., et al. Concordant proficiency in measurement of T-cell immunity in human immunodeficiency virus vaccine clinical trials by peripheral blood mononuclear cell and enzyme-linked immunospot assays in laboratories from three continents Clinical and vaccine immunology : CVI 16 147, 2009
- Burton C. T., et al. Rapid qualitative and quantitative analysis of T-cell responses in HIV-1-infected individuals receiving successful HAART and HIV-1 sero-negative controls: concomitant assessment of perforin, IFN-gamma and IL-4 secretion J Immunol Methods 308 216, 2006
- Calarota S. A., et al. IL-15 as memory T-cell adjuvant for topical HIV-1 DermaVir vaccine Vaccine 26 5188, 2008
- Castellanos A., et al. Plasmodium vivax thrombospondin related adhesion protein: immunogenicity and protective efficacy in rodents and Aotus monkeys Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz 102 411, 2007
- Chege G. K., et al. Detection of natural infection with Mycobacterium intracellulare in healthy wild-caught Chacma baboons (Papio ursinus) by ESAT-6 and CFP-10 IFN-gamma ELISPOT tests following a tuberculosis outbreak BMC Microbiol 8 27, 2008
- Chege G. K., et al. The immune response of the Chacma baboon to Bacille Calmette Guerin: development of a primate model for BCG-based vaccine research Vaccine 23 5783, 2005
- Chen E. S., et al. T cell responses to mycobacterial catalase-peroxidase profile a pathogenic antigen in systemic sarcoidosis Journal of immunology 181 8784, 2008
- Crack L. R., et al. Identification of an immunodominant region of the major house dust mite allergen Der p 2 presented by common human leucocyte antigen alleles Clin Exp Dermatol 37 266, 2012
- Czerkinsky C., et al. Reverse ELISPOT assay for clonal analysis of cytokine production. I. Enumeration of gamma-interferon-secreting cells J Immunol Methods 110 29, 1988
- Frahm N., et al. Control of human immunodeficiency virus replication by cytotoxic T lymphocytes targeting subdominant epitopes Nature immunology 7 173, 2006
- Heraud J. M., et al. Immunological changes and cytokine gene expression during primary infection with human T-cell leukaemia virus type 1 in squirrel monkeys (Saimiri sciureus) Virology 361 402, 2007
- Johansson M. A., et al. Early-life gut bacteria associate with IL-4-, IL-10- and IFN-gamma production at two years of age PloS one 7 e49315, 2012
- Jordan-Villegas A., et al. Immune responses and protection of Aotus monkeys immunized with irradiated Plasmodium vivax sporozoites Am J Trop Med Hyg 84 43, 2011
- Kazanji M., et al. Chimeric peptide vaccine composed of B- and T-cell epitopes of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 induces humoral and cellular immune responses and reduces the proviral load in immunized squirrel monkeys (Saimiri sciureus) The Journal of general virology 87 1331, 2006
- Li C. K., et al. T cell responses to whole SARS coronavirus in humans Journal of immunology 181 5490, 2008
- Lunemann J. D., et al. EBNA1-specific T cells from patients with multiple sclerosis cross react with myelin antigens and co-produce IFN-gamma and IL-2 The Journal of experimental medicine 205 1763, 2008
- Oseroff C., et al. Molecular determinants of T cell epitope recognition to the common Timothy grass allergen Journal of immunology 185 943, 2010
- Oseroff C., et al. T cell responses to known allergen proteins are differently polarized and account for a variable fraction of total response to allergen extracts Journal of immunology 189 1800, 2012
- Perlaza B. L., et al. Protection against Plasmodium falciparum challenge induced in Aotus monkeys by liver-stage antigen-3-derived long synthetic peptides European journal of immunology 38 2610, 2008
- Persson M., et al. Immunological status in patients undergoing in vitro fertilisation: responses to hormone treatment and relationship to outcome J Reprod Immunol 96 58, 2012
- Polak M. E., et al. In vitro diagnostic assays are effective during the acute phase of delayed-type drug hypersensitivity reactions The British journal of dermatology 168 539, 2013
- Snyder-Cappione J. E., et al. A comprehensive ex vivo functional analysis of human NKT cells reveals production of MIP1-alpha and MIP1-beta, a lack of IL-17, and a Th1-bias in males PloS one 5 e15412, 2010
- Souquiere S., et al. Dynamic interaction between STLV-1 proviral load and T-cell response during chronic infection and after immunosuppression in non-human primates PloS one 4 e6050, 2009
- Steers N. J., et al. HIV-1 envelope resistance to proteasomal cleavage: implications for vaccine induced immune responses PloS one 7 e42579, 2012
- Tanvarasethee B., et al. The potential of using enzyme-linked immunospot to diagnose cephalosporin-induced maculopapular exanthems Acta Derm Venereol 93 66, 2013
- Tuuminen T., et al. Human CD8+ T cell memory generation in Puumala hantavirus infection occurs after the acute phase and is associated with boosting of EBV-specific CD8+ memory T cells Journal of immunology 179 1988, 2007
- Wahlkvist H., et al. The lipophilic hapten parthenolide induces interferon-gamma and interleukin-13 production by peripheral blood-derived CD8+ T cells from contact allergic subjects in vitro The British journal of dermatology 158 70, 2008
Interferon-γ (IFN-γ, also known as IFN-gamma, IFN-g, IFNg and Interferon-gamma) is produced mainly by activated T cells and NK cells. It is a proinflammatory cytokine that activates macrophages and endothelial cells, but it also regulates immune responses by effecting APC and T and B cells. Production of IFN-γ by helper T cells as well as cytotoxic T cells is a hallmark of the TH1-type phenotype, thus, high-level production of IFN-γ is typically associated with effective host defense against intracellular pathogens.